Since the last time I looked at these technologies it seems that
- The packaging ecosystem has gotten much better.
- Python 3 has matured and is picking up steam. And,
- Django has been steadily improving with each new release.
The future looks bright.
So what's this blog about?
Well, that should be obvious.
I'm no expert but I'm learning a lot and I feel the need to share my knowledge. I hope you feel the need to learn from me :).
If you decide to follow along on this journey and you're a newbie then I feel that there are some prerequisites you should have.
If you're a complete beginner to programming then tell me in the comments below and I'd be able to steer you in the right direction.
- Learn how to install and use Git, see here.
- Learn how to install Python, see here.
- Read The Python tutorial.
- Learn how to install and use PostgreSQL, see here.
- Learn how to install and set up Django, see here.
- Read The Official Django Tutorial.
Once that basic knowledge is in place you'd be all set.
The road ahead
The first couple of posts will be about setting up Git, Python, PostgreSQL and Django. After that we'd begin our first project to build a simple blogging application and deploy it to Heroku. You're sure to learn a lot of valuable information. So stay tuned for that.
I'm so excited to get started.
Until next time, have a great day and happy hacking.
P.S. If you've reached this far then that's great. Let me know a little about you. Where are you in your journey to learn Python and Django? How can I help you understand it all? Tell me in the comments below.